InternetWise resells Utopia domain name and web hosting services.
Utopia’s service and reliability have proved to be outstanding
and we reccommend their services to all clients.
If you are having problems viewing your site, click here to find out the Utopia Network Status.
How to Access Control Panel
Go to “http://www.yourdomain.co.nz/cpanel”. Enter your user name and password.
Please Contact Us if you require this information.
Please note: This information will only be supplied in the first instance to the domain owner that we have on file. Third party agents or contractors will not be supplied client details – These are supplied to the client who can forward them to whomever they wish. Thank you.
How do I configure Outlook to send and pickup email through Utopia?
- Open Microsoft Outlook.
- Select Tools from the menu bar.
- Select Accounts.
- Select “Add”.
- Select “Mail”.
- Enter In your Name and click Next (it can be anything you like).
- Select “I already have an e-Mail address that I’d like to use”.
- Enter in your e-Mail address (eg JohnSmith@mydomain.co.nz).
- Click on “Next”.
- Select “POP3″ for the type of server.
- Enter “mail.yourdomain” as the name of your incoming mail server.
- Enter “mail.yourdomain” as the name of your outgoing mail server.
- Click on “Next”.
- Under account name enter in your login name (eg vxxxx1).
- Enter your password in the Password field.
- If you don’t wish to be prompted for your password whenever you check your email, tick the “Remember Password” Box.
- Click on “Next”.
- Select Finish – Your account has now been set up.
Please make sure to test.
One of the most annoying things about using e-mail is spam. This unwanted communication affects everyone who uses e-mail. Spam has many definitions and can come in many forms, shapes and sizes. In some cases one persons spam is another persons treasure (and in some cases livelihood). Spam has to be eliminated otherwise the Internet will suffer.
To give some idea on the amount of spam out there, Utopia’s email servers processed 700,000 email messages over the holiday period. Of this, 71% were tagged as spam. Without our current anti-spam technology there would have been around 500,000 unwanted email messages delivered to mailboxes.
Utopia uses a range of technology to fight spam. Our overall goal is to limit the amount of spam that gets delivered into your mailbox using these techniques:
- POP-Before-SMTP – This means you cannot send email through our servers unless you have come in and picked up email from us already during your internet connection. This stops spammers using our servers to send spam.
- Spam Assassin – This is one of the worlds most popular anti-spam tools. It filters email and uses a scoring system to decide if a message is spam or not. Spam is deleted straight away.
- Spam databases – We subscribe to systems which track computers that are known to send spam. The email from these computers is deleted also.
Fighting spam also requires some understanding from you, the customer, on how spam works and how you can also fight it. Here are some things you should keep in mind when managing your email:
- Do not submit your websites to FFA’s (free for all sites) unless you want 70 pieces of spam in your e-mail on a daily basis
- Make sure you do not have a catchall on your email. e.g. email@example.com goes to your mailbox
- Do not reply to spammers
- Never buy anything advertised in spam
- Never use “remove” options in a spam
- Distrust everything from people you do not know
From time to time our anti-spam systems report messages back to you when you are sending e-mail.
These messages can be acted on as follows:
- “Please pickup your email before sending” – Our email server believes you have not yet logged on to pickup your email from us. If you have it may be that you disconnected from the internet before sending your email.
- Simple stay connected while picking up and sending email and this message should not appear.
- “Blocked by Spam Assassin” – Using a variety of spam checking methods our servers have tagged your computer and internet connection has having sent spam in the past. Simple disconnecting from the Internet, waiting a few moments, and reconnecting should resolve this message.
Q. How do I setup the email aliases
A. Go to your Control Panel Then, click on Email Aliases and you can add and update existing aliases from there. Follow the helpful video tutorials or contact us for assistance.
Q. How much would it cost for additional addresses?
A. You can have unlimited aliases on your hosting account (eg sales@… and info@…) – without incurring any extra charges. You are also allocated free of charge 25 individual email accounts / mail boxes.
Q. Can I change my password and user name?
A. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to change your password.
Q. Is it possible to get “wildcard e-mail” so that “anything at all” sent to a domain name reaches a specific mailbox?
A. Yes – when you setup your email aliases just leave the alias part blank so that it reads @yourdomain.co.nz. This is typically called mail bagging or catch all.
Q. Can I forward my email to my ISP instead of collecting it on Utopia?
A. Yes – Log on to your Control Panel and click on Email Aliases. Click on the alias to update and instead of selecting a local POP mail box you can enter in any internet email address to forward your email to.
Q. I would like a domain name to be pointed at a folder in my web site – does this cost any extra?
Q. Is it possible to put an extra word in front of my domain name – e.g. http://someothername.mydomain.co.nz ?
A. Yes – log on to your Control Panel and signup for a domain alias. Otherwise you can ask us to do this for you. Please note there may be a small charge for this service.
Q. What is a registrar ?
A. A registrar is the company that manages the billing and renewal of your domain name. This can be a different company than the one that actual hosts your website or e-mail.
Q. What is an UDAI ?
A. This is the password for your .nz domain name. With the password you can move your domain name billing to and from different registrars. If you are moving an existing .nz domain name for example to our hosting provider Utopia, you simply get the UDAI from your current provider and forward it to us.
Q. How do I register a new domain name
A. Log on to your Control Panel and scroll down to see the type of service you want for the new domain e.g. domain parking. Click on the signup link and you can enter in the details of the domain name you wish. When the domain name has been registered you will receive an e-mail indicating the domain name has been registered.
Q. How do I transfer an existing domain name to be hosted at Utopia?
A. Log on to your Control Panel and select the service you wish the existing domain name to be on (eg email hosting, subhosting). Click on the Signup link and make sure you specify that the domain name is already registered. Here you can then elect to have Utopia be the billing registrar for the domain name, or leave the billing for your domain name where it is and just let Utopia host the website. Having Utopia as the billing registrar means all your hosting would be on a single account. Using your .nz UDAI Utopia will move the domain name as and when you request it.
Q. How can I check if a domain name is available for registering?
A. Please use the domain search facility on our hosting provider Utopia’s homepage at http://www.utopia.co.nz
Q. How much does it cost to register a domain name?
A. Full domain registration charges are on our Domains page.
Q. How do I find out the details about domain names I have hosted with Utopia?
A. Go into your Control Panel and view them there – the details for this were sent with your setup application.
Q. What domain names can Utopia host?
A. Any domain extension that the Internet supports i.e. .nz, .com.au, .com , .as etc
Q. Can the legal owner of a domain name change?
A. Yes – you will need to complete the Change Of Registrant form and submit to us.
Q. Can I use any provider I want and have access to your server for editing my website or do I need to dial your server to have access?
A. You can use any provider and just need an application that supports FTP e.g. Dreamweaver, CuteFTP, Frontpage etc
Q. Will I need something like FTP to do the transfers?
A. Yes – Applications that support FTP include Dreamweaver, CuteFTP, Frontpage and the FTP command line in Windows.
Q. Is there support for Frontpage Extensions?
A. On the Advanced Hosting package
Q. Can I build my website using Microsoft Publisher, FrontPage, or Dreamweaver?
Q. Can I login to my site using Telnet or SSH?
Q. I tried to upload a web page I get”550 Permission denied”. What does that mean?
A. Rename the file you are transferring to remove the spaces.
Q. How can I change my site?
A. On joining you are supplied a login and a password. You then use these with FTP to connect with Utopia. Applications that support FTP include Dreamweaver, CuteFTP, Frontpage and the FTP command line in Windows.